Saturday, January 20, 2007

I blame it on the Movies



I blame it on the movies,

The dreamy gaze I see,

The river of wistful dreams,

flowing off course, running out to sea.

***

I blame it on the songs,

The twining of souls for life,

The one true love, the forever faithful,

The bliss coming from above.

***

I blame it on the books,

Land of words and woes,

The place where reality slips away,

And fantasies come true.

***

I blame it on the poetry,

Love serenades and ballads,

Promises of faithful love,

Vows of happiness eternal.

***

I blame it on the evening ski,

I blame it on the sea,

I blame it on the flirty winds,

But blame it most … on me.

***

© Sherine Meshad, 20 Jan 2007

2 comments:

حـدوتـة said...

this is a good one ya sherine :) mabrouk el blog :)

Juka said...

Halloz, I feel just like that right now, so I totally know what you are talking about.